Mental wellness has become a necessity for everyone across the globe. A lot of things have been happening during this pandemic; such as people falling into depression and not been able to manage mental stress.
So, in this article, we have put together five ways on how you can maintain your mental health during this covid-19 pandemic.
- Remember to take breaks. Anticipate stress and plan ahead. This helps create some order and control in your life.
- Reach out to family and friends. Make good use of your social media. This is the time to link up with family members and friends. This is also the time to network.
You need opportunities that will move you forward. Remember to share how you feel. You’d be amazed that you’re not alone in your thoughts. Fortify your social networks.
- Try to maintain your usual routine even at home. Ensure you discuss with your partner and/or children on the new changes to how routines will be carried out.
- Don’t forget to take your meds. If you’re placed on medications, do not forget to take them as this is not the time to relapse.
- Lastly, eat and rest well. You need a relaxed mind to figure out what is needed to be done. Hopefully, we’d talk about relaxation exercises and its benefits.
I wish you health and love. Please share your thoughts and experiences. Also feel free to ask questions.
Chinelo Okeke Olayimika
Clinical Psychologist and Mental Health Advocate